This essential dictionary offers invaluable support for the intermediate learner of the English language.
- Over 45,000 headwords, phrases and phrasal verbs with 36,000 examples to show how words are used
- A core vocabulary of the most important 3,500 words, highlighted in red, graded with stars for frequency of use, and explained using only 2,300 of the most common words
- Entries with five or more meanings have a Menu to help users find the one you want
- Frequent Help boxes in color contain notes on grammar, vocabulary and usage
- A 24-page Language Study section on key areas like pronunciation, collocation and word-building
- Over 700 illustrations
Features of the CD-ROM:
The Essential Dictionary CD-ROM contains the whole dictionary in electronic format, including additional search features, illustrations, and American and British English pronunciations, with a practice and play back facility.