Macmillan Science follows current best practice in science education and is written by leading authors of primary science in the UK. Through stimulating content and carefully graded activities and exercises, pupils are guided to develop a sound framework of scientific knowledge and understanding.
- An investigative hands-on approach to learning through practical activities makes the lessons memorable and enjoyable.
- Each lesson starts with stimuli from the children's environment.
- A comprehensive syllabus ensures knowledge of the key areas is built up gradually and thoroughly.
- Clear learning outcomes make the purpose of each unit clear to teachers and pupils.
- Key word boxes highlight difficult vocabulary.
- A glossary explaining key words encourages learner independence.
- An interactive CD-ROM for each level includes over 100 practice activities, as well as simulated experiments which allow pupils to try out things that are not possible in the classroom.